See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1 slice bacon, diced
2 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced in 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1-1/2 lbs green cabbage, coarsely chopped
2-3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup hot water
2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a heavy skillet, fry bacon until crisp, do not drain.
2. Add potatoes and onion, cook until lightly browned.
3. Stir in cabbage, vinegar and hot water.
4. Continue to cook over medium heat until cabbage is wilted and potatoes are fork tender; stirring frequently.
5. The water should cook out, if needed raise heat and
continue to cook until the cabbage and potatoes are
lightly browned. You can cover to help the potatoes cook through.
6. Sprinkle the caraway seeds over all and adjust salt and
pepper to taste.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios