Contact The Board
SHOP THE CO-OP!
with the Outpost Board of Directors
Co-ops grow out of collaboration. Your ideas guide Outpost’s Board in their decisions that lead Outpost into the future.
That’s why Outpost’s Board of Directors want to learn what’s on your mind regarding YOUR co-op by chatting with you while you shop!
Saturday, January 25
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Outpost’s four store locations
- Stop by an Outpost store and look for the Board of Directors table near the entrance.
- You will be partnered with one director…Then all you need to do is SHOP!
- Directors will walk through the store with you while you shop and ask you a few questions.
- All shoppers will receive a small gift for their participation.
Contact Your Board
The second meeting described by our Bylaws is the meetings of the board of directors (Article 5.1). These meetings are of, and for, the Board members, in order to conduct necessary business on behalf of Outpost. Therefore, the agenda of events is carefully measured to ensure that the business is accomplished. Owners may request to address the Board. This must be done 10 days before the meeting and can be arranged by calling the board secretary 414-431-3377 ext.221, or emailing the board. You will be asked to submit a proposal describing what you wish to discuss with the Board, so that the board president may determine the propriety of placing your issue on the agenda. The president may at his/her discretion decline to place certain issues on the agenda based on the utility of the issue.
Owners are always welcome to drop in without prior approval or invitation if they wish to observe the meeting. Please be prepared to present your owner number. Your ownership will be checked to make sure it is current.
The Board requests that all owners, whether attending the meeting to observe or to present, observe the following:
- Unless you are on the agenda for a specific topic, you will be considered an observer. This means that it is not appropriate for you to participate by offering your opinions, observations, etc. Board meetings are not considered a venue for questions, answers or commentary.
- If you are on the agenda, please plan on making a concise presentation, lasting not more than 5 minutes. The Board runs on a tight timetable for discussion of a variety of issues, and is bound to adhere to that schedule.
- Please understand that we do not discuss store operations, product choices, hours of operation, employee practices, prices, etc. at these meetings. They are the responsibility of the General Manager, Pam Mehnert, who can be contacted through the individual store managers or through communication on Outpost’s website.
All board meetings are held in the community room at Outpost’s Bay View store location unless otherwise noted. While meetings of the Board are open to owners (Article 5.8), some sessions of a meeting may be closed to issues of a particularly sensitive nature. Such closed session shall be for purposes of discussion only and no decisions shall be made in closed session.
Thanks for your interest in the health of our cooperative!
Contact your Board
Phone: 414-431-3377, ext. 221