See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Mequon Location
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Capitol Drive
11:00 am - 2:00 pm Bay View
6-10 pounds beef brisket, trimmed of fat
1 (16-ounce) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Smokin’ Ts)
1 (12-ounce) can beer (we used Good City Mosaic Pale Ale)
1. Trim as much fat as possible from brisket and place in a large roasting pan or heavy duty zip top bag.
2. Pour entire bottle of BBQ and beer over brisket and marinate at least 24 hours, turning once.
3. Remove brisket from marinade and place on a hot grill, basting with remaining marinade. Discard left-over marinade.
4. Sear both sides until blackened.
5. Place char-grilled brisket on heavy duty foil and wrap very tightly. Wrap the brisket twice to avoid losing too much of the juices.
6. Place on a sheet pan in a 250 degree oven and bake for 7 hours.
7. Remove the brisket from foil and let rest in its own juices for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
8. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce or simply with the pan juices.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios