See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened, unsalted butter
1/2 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
1-3/4 cups milk
3, 4-ounce cans Hatch Green Chiles
1 cup frozen Alsum Sweet Corn
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 8x12 inch
2. In a large bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, salt,
baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar. Then mix in the Greek yogurt and eggs to this mixture.
4. Add the milk to the dry ingredients, a third at a time, then combine all ingredients in a large bowl, alternating wet then dry.
5. Fold in the green chiles, corn, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is browned, the center springs back when pressed down, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool almost completely before serving.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios