See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 9:00 pm All Outpost Store Locations
2 lbs. Tipi Produce carrots, peeled
1½ tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1½ cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tabldspoon fresh minced ginger
2 teaspoon green curry paste
6 cups vegetable broth
Sour cream (garnish)
1. Cut carrots on the bias into 1½-inch pieces. Toss the carrots with the first listing of olive oil, and salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a sprayed baking dish or sheet tray and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes; carrots should be lightly browned and soft when pricked.
2. While carrots are roasting, heat second listing of olive oil in heavy sauce pan. Add chopped onions, minced garlic, and ginger. Cook on low heat until celery and onions are
3. Add roasted carrots to saucepan along with green curry paste and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Puree the soup in a blender in batches. Season with
additional salt and pepper to taste. If soup is too thick add additional stock to thin.
5. Garnish with a dollop of regular or vegan sour cream and chopped chives.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios