See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm All Outpost Stores & Online
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Online Virtual Meeting
5 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh mushrooms of choice, sliced
3/4 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced (reserve the leaves for garnish)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) asparagus, diagonally cut
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and fennel, and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté another minute or so.
3. Add the rice and rosemary, cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the wine, and cook for 1 minute or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in 1 cup broth and cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of the broth is absorbed before adding the next.
5. After about 3 cups of broth have been added, add asparagus and continue adding broth.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with reserved fennel leaves.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios