See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
4:00 pm - 9:00 pm Bay View
8:00 am - 10:00 am UEC at the Milwaukee Rowing Club Boathouse
1 small head radicchio, sliced into thin strips
1 small head Napa cabbage, sliced into thin strips
2 large handfuls of baby arugula, chopped into strips (or to taste)
1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
5 ounces sliced bacon – pork, turkey or veggie-style, browned and chopped
6 large eggs
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
½ cup good quality olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Brown bacon until crisp. Drain, and coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add eggs, return water to a boil, and cook 6 minutes more.
3. In small jar with a tightly fitted lid like a canning jar add mustard, vinegar, and oils. Seal and shake well to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
4. Rinse eggs under cold water until easy to handle. Carefully peel eggs. If you crack the eggs all over as they cool, they will be easier to peel.
5. To serve, put chopped vegetables into a large bowl and toss with about 2/3 of the dressing until coated. You may have more dressing depending on the volume of vegetables. Top with chopped bacon, then carefully cut eggs with a sharp knife and arrange on top.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios