See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic (about two or three large cloves)
2 pounds fresh tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, warm the olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about a minute.
3. Increase the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
4. Leave over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered for 90 minutes. Stir in fresh oregano.
5. Allow the sauce to cool to a safe temperature and then, using an immersion blender or working in batches with a blender, blend until smooth.
Per 1/4 cup serving: 27 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 64mg sodium, 1g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios