See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
Nonstick cooking spray
4 cups rolled oats, uncooked
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
2/3 cup slivered almonds, or chopped nut of your choice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup light olive oil
1 cup craisins, blueberries (our favorite) or other dried fruit
Large baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by coating with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and almonds. Then, in a glass measuring cup, warm honey in microwave for about 30 seconds. Add olive oil to the honey and mix well.
3. Drizzle the honey and oil mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spread the mixture on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake granola for 15 minutes, stir well then continue baking until golden and crunchy, about 10–15 more (total baking time 25–30 minutes).
5. Pour onto a sheet of wax paper or a paper bag to cool. Stir in dried fruit. When completely cooled, store in a sealed container.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios