See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
11:59 pm - 11:59 pm
2 3/4 cups einkorn flour
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
3 large eggs
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/2 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large carrots, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
1 large apple, peeled, cored, and grated (about 1 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly grease 1 12-cup muffin tin or fill with liners.*
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the einkorn flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, orange juice and vanilla extract. Add the carrots, apple, coconut, walnuts and raisins and stir until combined.
4. Fold the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
6. Bake the muffins for about 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes inside the muffin tin. Enjoy warm or room temperature. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
* A 6-cup muffin tin will make jumbo muffins
Per Serving: 354 calories, 19g fat, 12g sat fat, 42g carbohydrates, 8g protein, 412mg sodium, 6g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios