As Seen on TV
It's back to school with Fox 6 Wake Up! and Brian Kramp
We're hanging out with our friend Brian Kramp from Fox 6 to share easy back-to-school breakfast and lunch ideas, as well as healthy snacking for kids of all ages. We give it an A+! See all our ideas and recipes below. Click here for all the video!
Walnut Way and Growing Youth Leaders
And speaking of A+, learn more about Outpost’s 2021 Sustainable Agriculture partner Walnut Way, including meeting some of the amazing teens who are a part of their Growing Youth Leadership program. You can be a part of the success of the Walnut Workshed Project by contributing to their Indiegogo fundraiser.
Recipes, ideas and more!
Breakfast on the go
Great breakfast in a hurry! Slow Cooker Oatmeal – one of our most requested recipes. Easy to make the night before and - BONUS - it keeps well in the fridge for a quick warm-up when you’re in a hurry, or just don’t feel like cooking.
It's lunch time - TikTok Sandwich Wraps
Lunch doesn't have to always be a PB &J. Try your tortilla folding skills with easy-to-make TikTok inspired wrap sandwiches where the sky is the limit on what you can use for ingredients. We found this website with all kinds of combo ideas or search for your own.
Make your own Lunchables and Snacks to Pack
Ditch the single-use plastic packaging and create your own healthy lunchables and snack packs - think small bites and compact, reusable containers.
- Saves money!
- Have greater control over nutrition needs and lifestyle choices
- The key is reusable containers
- IDEAS: Cheese cubes or curds (it’s WI y’all), cubed sausage bites or tiny meat rolls, grapes & berries, crackers, cut up bell peppers, a stack of sandwich cookies or granola bar squares, pickles, salsa & chips, pita bread triangles, hummus or veggie dip - your choices are endless
Last minute Labor Day Planning
Can it be that summer is in the rear view mirror? Say it isn't so, because we have all kinds of quick recipes for those end-of-season backyard gatherings and grill-outs. In a pinch, you can grab a salad kit and add in additional fixins. It's really up to you where you want to take it. And lighten things up with non-alcoholic mocktails as well as NA craft beers and herbal elixirs.
- RECIPE: Toss Together Party Slaw
- 16 oz. bag of pre-cut slaw (cabbage, broccoli, you decide)
- 1/4 cup pan toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Your favorite pre-made ranch dressing, to taste (the new ketchup - goes with everything)
- RECIPE: Summer Sip Bitter Sweet Symphony Mocktail