Meet The Author
About the Book
Shared from grocerystory.coop:
Food has become ground-zero in our efforts to increase awareness of how our choices impact the world. Yet while we have begun to transform our communities and dinner plates, the most authoritative strand of the food web has received surprisingly little attention: the grocery store—the epicenter of our food-gathering ritual.
Grocery Story makes a compelling case for the transformation of the grocery store aisles as the emerging frontier in the local and good food movements. Author Jon Steinman:
- Deconstructs the food retail sector and the shadows cast by corporate giants
- Makes the case for food co-ops as an alternative
- Shows how co-ops spur the creation of local food-based economies and enhance low-income food access
Grocery Story is for everyone who eats and will leave you hungry to join the food co-op movement in your own community.
You can purchase your own copy of Grocery Story at any Outpost location for $19.99 + tax.
Meet Jon Steinman at Outpost!
Hosted by Outpost's Board of Directors
Mequon Outpost: Friday, October 11, 11:00am – 6:00pm: In-store meet & greet
Capitol Drive Outpost: Sunday, October 13
- 11:00am – 1:30pm: In-store meet & greet
- 2:00 – 3:00pm: FREE Book Presentation & Discussion in the Community Room (light refreshments provided by Outpost)
- 4:00-6:00pm: In-store meet & greet
Bay View Outpost: Monday, October 14
- 11:00am – 5:30pm: In-store meet & greet
- 6:00 – 7:00pm: FREE Book Presentation & Discussion in the Community Room (light refreshments provided by Outpost)