Think Outside the Lunchbox
JUNE 1 - AUGUST 31
Hunger doesn't take a summer vacation. That's why Outpost has joined forces with Hunger Task Force to help end hunger for our community's families in need. Started in 2003, the Think Outside the Lunchbox summer food drive for Hunger Task Force educates Outpost owners and shoppers about hunger in our community during the summer months - especially for those those kids out of school who rely on school meals as part of their daily nutrition. For many parents, household budgets are already stretched, meals are skipped and nutrition can be severely compromised.
Please consider donating...It's easy!
- Donate a non-perishable food item...Look for donation barrels located at the front of our stores
- Round up your grocery bill while paying for your groceries
- Drop a couple dollars in conveniently located donation jars at every cashier lane
Not sure what kind of food to donate?
For your convenience, here’s a shopping list to help you find the foods that would benefit
local kids in need the most:
· Canned fruit and juice
· Breakfast items: such as cereal, oatmeal or pancake mix
· High protein foods: such as peanut butter, canned meats or canned beans
· Canned vegetables
· Dinner items: such as pasta, macaroni & cheese or potato mixes
· Lunch items: such as canned soups or canned pasta items
· Kid friendly snacks: such as fruit cups, crackers or juice boxes