See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
11:59 pm - 11:59 pm
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 - 14.5 ounce can white beans, drained and divided
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Juice of a half lime
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
4 tablespoons minced cilantro, divided
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3 cup diced bell peppers – use a combination of red, yellow and green for nice color
1/3 cup of your favorite salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush olive oil onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the drained beans, set aside. Add the rest of the beans, sour cream, garlic, lime juice, cumin, and salt to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Taste and add a little salt if needed.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add chicken, corn, cilantro and ½ cup of cheese. Pour bean puree into bowl and fold to combine.
4. Spread chicken mixture onto bottom of skillet, then evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white beans, bell peppers and salsa on top of the mixture. Cover with remaining cheese. Bake for 16-20 minutes, until dip is bubbling and browned on top.
5. Garnish with remaining cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios